Friday, July 25, 2014

Austin, TX Weekend to Remember



AUSTIN, TX 
Top Ten Comments
June 7-9, 2013

Attendance: 396

Salvations: 22


1.       Friday night I had to drink just to attend. My spouse and I angrily wrote “Divorce” in each other’s manuals. Not a good start. Through your biblical teachings and understanding of male/female differences, I believe we are off to a new start. Thank you to all involved.
Married 22 years

2.       This weekend has revolutionized the way my fiancé and I thought about our future marriage. I’ve learned how to not only be an excellent husband and father, but how to be a REAL man of God.
Engaged couple

3.       This getaway has had a major effect on me, my husband, and our marriage. We have been so blessed and our marriage and life have been renewed. We would have failed had we not come here.
Married 1 ½ years

4.       During the 1st night I felt lost and that my marriage was hopeless. But over the next 2 days, I felt a renewing of my faith and commitment to God and my wife.
Married 5 years

5.       Having experienced a prior divorce, this weekend cultivated a renewed hope beyond just surviving and “being” married again, but thriving and growing in oneness. The section just for men was a wonderful call to vision. Also, my wife and I are recently married; this is a crucial way to build a foundation.
Married 1 month

6.       One of the greatest dates I have had with my wife! Should have made our first Weekend to Remember after 2 years of marriage instead of 32 years.
Married 32 years

7.       When I first showed up, I was at my last straw. I was mad at God for the bad things that have happened. I blamed everyone and everything. By the third day I felt the conviction of this. I have a new sense of responsibility for my wife and children. I’m all in!
Married 12 years

8.       We are excited to apply what we have learned in our home and marriage. Before our marriage was good, now it’s going to be fantastic!
Married 2 years

9.       This getaway is our “shot in the arm” that absolutely is needed as we tend to get “idle” in our growth with each other and sadly even with reconnecting ourselves as a couple back to God-united. We run to him on our own but forget to go to him together. This weekend reminded us and aligned us again with God as a couple.
Married 2 years

1.   Our marriage was at a place where we were more like roommates than married. Physically I was still there, but my heart was not. Due to many issues (too many to list) I thought that this was all I could ever expect of my marriage. This getaway changed that! We are now on the road to not just recovery but to the marriage of my dreams!
Married 12 years

1.   Pastor comment/thank you
I am a lead pastor of a 7-year old church plant. These past 7 years have been the most challenging times for my marriage and family. Weeks ago I was getting ready to leave my wife. I sought personal ministry from a close friend of mine who is also a pastor. He and his wife have helped us on a journey to reconciliation. This weekend couldn’t have come at a better time. This is truly a weekend to remember. My marriage is now healthier than ever. God has done a quick work, and we know he is faithful to finish the good work in us!

No comments: