Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Dallas (Frisco) Weekend to Remember May 2015

Dallas (Frisco) Top Ten Comments
Attendance: 644
Salvations: 4
Re-commitments: 114
Holy Spirit: 97



I feel like this has breathed life into my marriage and given my wife and I a new beginning in our relationship.  Husband.  It renewed my hope for my marriage.  I confessed to my husband that I had physical evidence I’d held onto for 19 years, preparing for my divorce.  When I get home, it’s gone.  I’m destroying it.  Wife.  Couple, married 30 years

As a church pastor, I approached this weekend with the attitude of an observer.  I thought I would evaluate FamilyLife to see if it would be good for others I know.  However, through the weekend I was the one whom God evaluated through the sessions and projects.  I was weighed and found lacking in some key areas.  Thank you for the healthy “heads up”.  I will use what I learned to improve my marriage.  Husband, Married ? years

Provided us one-on-one time to talk through tough topics that were hurtful in the past.  My husband after a long time has told me how much he appreciates me and all I do for us as a family.   It has been a blessing to hear that he sees all I do.  Wife, Married 10 years

Major effect.  Several weeks ago we were talking about divorce.  Now we are completely committed to growing together in oneness.  J Wife, Married 6 years

We were the couple with divorce papers in the car.  We realized this weekend that our marriage is worth fighting for.  We redirected ourselves to Christ, each other, and our family.  We have a blueprint and tips to help us navigate through life together.   Husband, married 19 years

The sharing after Project 3 and into date night was a good time to hear from each other things we hadn’t known for 33 years of marriage.  Wife, married 33 years

Our marriage was on the brink of failure.  After attending, we realize the impact our commitment really has and the importance of achieving oneness together.  This weekend has given us practical and encouraging ways to get back on track.  We are excited to see what our marriage now has in store.  Wife, married 6 years

My wife was ready to leave.  She found an apartment, signed a lease, and was excited about “getting her life back.”  I was lost with no purpose.   Now she has decided to cancel the lease and give us a chance.  I have found a new purpose and focus I need to have on my wife, myself, and my children.  Thank you!!  Husband, Married 9 years

This getaway helped us be able to put words to frustrations, hurts, and thoughts in a positive and healthy loving way.  It was great going home and sharing with our parents and grandparents what we’d learned!  They were very receptive!  I can’t wait to actively love, serve, and pour into my marriage again!  J  Wife, Married 3 years

Gave some foundation for possibly rebuilding our marriage.  We are currently living apart.  Husband, Married 20 years

We have a better understanding of a spiritual marriage, husband and wife roles, and parenting.  The getaway has given us insight and inspiration on making it work.  We were filing for divorce in April 2015. Wife, Married 3 years

No comments: