Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June - July 2015 Prayer Letter



     Though school is nearly out and summer is around the corner, our spring WTR season is
still going strong. We had one event in Dallas the weekend after Mother’s day.
Here are two comments from Dallas:
 

  As a church pastor, I approached this weekend with the attitude of an observer.  I thought I would evaluate FamilyLife to see if it would be good for others I know.  However, through the weekend I was the one whom God evaluated through the sessions and projects.  I was weighed and found lacking in some key areas.  Thank you for the healthy “heads up”.  I will use what I learned to improve my marriage. 

   We were the couple with divorce papers in the car.  We realized this weekend that our marriage is worth fighting for.  We redirected ourselves to Christ, each other, and our family.  We have a blueprint and tips to help us navigate through life together.   Husband, married 19 years

    Then off to Corpus Christi the last weekend of May. Here are two comments from there:     


   Life-changing and we were thinking about divorce.  Arguing was daily for months and now we want to work on us and have the tools to do so.  Wife,  Married 19 years


              We’ve been married 40 years and we have been to many marriage events and read lots of materials.  This was FRESH and very useful.  Great choice of speakers.  This helped my wife and me prepare for the next phase of our life together.  Husband, Married 40 years


Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
 

   We feel so grateful to work the Weekend to Remember events. They are a lot of work both physically and mentally. We set up the ballroom and resource center on Friday and tear it all down and pack it up on Sunday. I logged 20 miles on my pedometer this past weekend in Corpus and it was a small event.

   Still, it is so worth the hard work. How rewarding it is when you see God changing lives for eternity.

   I had a commercial crane worker volunteering in the resource center this past weekend. He had never attended the event before. When I asked if he gained anything from the weekend, this was his response: “ I came here with a half full tool box and I’m leaving with a complete mechanic’s set”! His wife’s response was, “I came being my husband’s coach, I’m leaving being his cheer leader!”

   We hope all of the married couples on our team will consider attending a Weekend to Remember whether for the first time or the 20th. Even if the material is the same, you are always at a different place in your relationship and are impacted differently by the content.

   If it were not for your financial support and prayers we would be unable to do this job. Thank you so much for investing in us. We hope you feel a part of what goes on at these events as much as we do. To God be the glory!


No comments: