Wednesday, November 25, 2015

San Antonio, Weekend to Remember

San Antonio Top Ten Comments
November 20-22, 2015
Attendance: 811
Salvation: 49
Holy Spirit: 143
Recommitment: 82



I was so discouraged after 22 years of marriage – and nothing has changed. In all our faith and work in ministry – now living in two different cities, not doing ministry, living now as a single mom with three kids still at home. I was done. I was tempted so severely in September to file for divorce. In desperation we began to pray over the phone the “Oneness Prayers.” I could hardly do it, realizing all the topics that came up – more not happening in our marriage - and I would hang up and cry, sobbing to the Lord. I basically said either we get counseling and do this WTR, or I’m done. He, months earlier, had felt the same way, but had heard from the Lord. He was to stay. During the Pastor Session, God recommitted our hearts to the clear calling we BOTH received 22 years ago, and to each other. Thank you. We will continue to seek healing. We will be funding a couple annually and prayerfully. Former Pastor’s Wife, Married 22 years, Marital Health 2 to 8

If my marriage were a baby…
The baby is well-fed!!  Thank you very much. Military Wife, Married 9 years, Marital Health 8 to 10.

We have been involved over the years in this ministry and volunteered. This is our 5th one for ourselves. We have done The Art of Marriage video in our church. Each time we come we are at a higher level in our relationship and we always benefit even if the material is the same. We have learned how important it is to keep rekindling the fire! My husband couldn’t wait to write the love letter, and it was so good! We share with many people about this ministry regularly. Group Coordinator, Wife, Blended Family, Married 21 years, Marital Health 9 to 9

Amazing. Mind-blowing. Great start for the remaining 2015 and a new 2016 beginning. Wife, Marital Health 7 to 9

We cried together, we laughed together, we prayed together, and we cried some more. This weekend was about understanding oneness with God and my husband. “God gave me a wonderful gift of salvation and a husband,” which I will cherish. Wife, Married 17 years, Marital Health 5 to 8

This is our second time to attend. The first time was six years ago, and it was the BEST thing we ever did for our marriage. We are here this weekend for a ‘tune-up.’ It’s good to refocus on each other. Wife, Married 26 years, Marital Health 6 to 8

We’re talking! Talking about goals, desires, important things. I loved the direct way topics were addressed, the resources were made available, and God’s plan for marriage and sex was revealed. Wife, Married 31 years, Marital Health 8 to 10

This weekend has taught me what it truly takes to be a successful man, husband, and father. I’ve learned in less than 72 hours what 31 years of life couldn’t teach me. Thank you! Husband, Married 7 years, Marital Health 5 to 7

It showed me that I need to step aside in my marriage and let God be center. I need to respect my husband and love and trust him so that our marriage can be functional and healthy. Wife, Married 8 months, Marital Health 7 to 9

We came here as individuals who had deeply scarred one another – me more than her. We both wanted to do better, but couldn’t figure out how. After this conference we are both equipped to LOVE each other through all our circumstances and use Jesus as our guiding light. Husband, Married 16 years, Marital Health 3 to 7 and growing, Salvation

No comments: