Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Dallas (Rockwall) Weekend to Remember


Top Ten Comments
Dallas (Rockwall) March 4-6, 2016
Attendance: 513
Salvation: 22
Holy Spirit: 114
Recommitment: 104
 

We registered last minute because we were looking for one last tool to see if something or
anything could help our struggling marriage. We came broken, having hit rock bottom and
hoping that maybe this could help. We entered as two separate people fighting about
everything, and have left as a couple, who have for the first time in 12 years of marriage truly
understanding oneness and how God has a plan for building happiness, love, and a lasting
marriage! Thank you! You have saved our marriage! Wife, Marital Health 2 to 8 (but working to
a 10), Salvation

Saved us!! We were headed the wrong way! Made the u-turn!!! Thanks! Husband, 2 to 8,
Salvation

I thought I loved my wife. After this weekend, I learned to love my wife like I never have
before. I will cherish the gift my Heavenly Father graciously gave me - perhaps undeserving of
such a blessing of a gift as her. Now, I can feel my rough edges smoothing to be a refined Man
of God. Husband, Married 6 weeks, 2 to 10, Salvation

We’ve decided to put our treasure where our heart is, which is fighting for families. So we
purchased Gift Certificates for three couples to attend a future WTR. We don’t know who they
are yet, but know that God will provide. Through this, our desire is that all families will invest in
their marriages and fight for godly marriages. Husband, Married 13 years, 8 to 9

This is our fifth conference and each time we come, we peel back another layer and go deeper
than before. It’s not only a refresher, it’s an opportunity that always challenges us to reach for
the 10s and not settle for the 7s, 8s, & 9s. Wife, Married 28 years, 8 to 9

After being married 16 years and having 7 children, it was so helpful to get away and hear God’s
intent and purpose for our marriage (and parenting) as we had lost our priorities and we were
able to focus on us and where we want to be as man and wife. Wife, Married 16 years, 8 to 9
Couple, Married 3 years:

We became very close this weekend and for the first time in a while I couldn’t keep my hands
off him! Thank you FamilyLife! Wife, 4 to 9
It has impacted me massively! I have not only discovered things about her, but about myself as
well. Thank you so much for all you do! Husband, 5 to 9

It caused us to be forced to discuss some things we have been avoiding. It helped us remember that we do actually enjoy spending time together. To finally completely surrender my whole self and my marriage and family to God! I can’t do it by myself and frankly I need to quit getting in God’s way. Wife, Married 8 years, 3 to 6
Couple, Married 2 years:

My wife and I were not doing well at all prior to attending this Weekend to Remember. In fact, we were separated and felt like a divorce was inevitable and our only option. After this weekend we both have hope, and divorce is NOT an option anymore! Husband, 4 to 8, Salvation
Prior to this weekend getaway, my husband and I were planning to divorce this September after being separated for a year with a minor child. (LA state law). After this getaway, we now have hope, and understand the changes that we need to make in ourselves and in our relationship. Wife, 3 to 8, Salvation

Pastor Couple, Married 36 years
Good to get away and spend this time to invest in ourselves. We’re always giving ourselves away into others’ lives. A great re-charge! Husband, 10 to 10

Reiterate how to be a godly wife and support to my husband, as well as help other young wives and mothers in this journey. This is our 6th WTR (we think). The first one we attended was in 1990. We also have paid the way for both our children after they married because of the difference it made in our lives. Wife, 10 to 10

I just returned from a deployment, and my wife tells me she signed us up to attend this getaway. I was upset because I had planned on filing for divorce the following week. (She was not aware of this.) The love letter exercise put me in a vulnerable position where I needed to be honest about my feelings. My wall came down, and I broke down emotionally. My wife accepted my feelings and actually listened openly. We received an amazing breakthrough and we are now on the path of healing. God used this getaway to save our marriage! Husband, Married 22 years, 1 to 10

No comments: